View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
(female)

tmoiseyy HB User
TTC with PCOS... help!

Hey I am looking for some insight, advice, other personal stories, whether they be happy or not :-/ My fiancee and I are TTC, have been for 3 months. I have been on b/c for about 6 years due to really awful periods, excruciating cramps, migraines, the whole 9 yards. I went off it about 3 months ago, and no period in sight. I went to the doc who told me I have PCOS, she said she was certain of that but because of the b/c for so long it was masked. She wanted to induce a period because you should get one every 3 months at least so she prescribed Provera. I had been doing some other research and came across Vitex which is a natural way to regulate ovulation and what not. I took 2 days of the Provera (you are supposed to take it for 7-10 days, 1 pill a day, before you get a period) then I decided not to take it and go the natural root. I have been taking the Vitex for about 3 weeks now and I finally got a period on Oct 26th ending Oct 31st! I am not sure if it is from the Provera or from the Vitex. This period was way better than in the past, no cramping and very mild discomfort. I am just not suer if the 2 Provera pills did it, or if the Vitex is actually working. If there is anything else I can do, I am willing to try anything! Any advice will be helpful! Or any stories or anything. We want a baby so bad and do't want to waste any time.

Thanks!