View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
(female)

ReeseCup914 HB User
Degenerative Disc Disease with Cervical Radiculapathy

Hi, I am new to this board. I am 55 yr old female. I have had Degenerative Disc Disease for several yrs now and was diagnosed w/ Radiculopathy in both arms about 5 yrs ago. I have been on Flexeril and Lyrica to help with the pain. I was told then I could have surgery if I chose to but I did not. My present Primary Care Dr. recently ordered a new MRI on my neck. He only told me that I HAD to go see a neurosurgeon so he has sent a referral to Shreveport LSU Hospital. Well, this could take several months to get an appt there. In the mean time, Can someone please help me understand what this report is saying? I am not asking for a diagnosis, but just help in understanding in english what the report says. It is as follows...

FINDINGS: There is loss of the normal cervical lordosis. Note is made of congenital narrowing of the cervical spine. Vertebral body height and alignment are maintained throughout the cervical spine. No abnormal signal within the spinal cord. The craniocervical junction is unremarkable.
Multilevel intervertebral disc dessication. Intervertebral disc height is maintained throughout the cervical spine. No abnormal marrow signal. The paravertebral soft tissues are unremarkable.

C2-C3 Unremarkable

C3-C4 Intervertebral disc bulge. The central canal is narrowed to 8 mm. No neural foraminal narrowing.

C4-C5 Right paracentral intervertebral disc protrusion which narrows the right lateral recess and contacts the right side of the cord. The central canal is narrowed to 8 mm. There is mild right neural foraminal narrowing. No left neural foraminal narrowing.

C5-C6 Diffuse intervertebral disc bulge with superimposed left paracentral disc protrusion. There is complete effacement of the ventral subarachnoid space. The left paracentral disc protrusion narrows the left lateral recess and contacts the left side of the cord. The central canal is narrowed tp 7 mm. Moderate bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.

C6-C7 Diffuse intervertebral disc bulge with right lateral disc protrusion. Complete effacement of the ventral subarachnoid space and contact of the central cord. The central canal is narrowed to 6 mm. Severe right and mild left neural foraminal narrowing.

C7-T1 Diffuse intervertebral disc bulge with superimposed right lateral disc protrusion. Complete effacement of the ventral subarachnoid space. The central canal is narrowed to 7 mm. No neural foraminal narrowing.

IMPRESSION: Congenital narrowing of the cervical spinal canal with multilevel intervertebral disc bulges and protrusions. At C4-C5, right paracentral disc protrusion contacts the right side of the cord. At C5-C6, left paracentral disc protrusion contacts the central aspect of the cord. At C7-T1, diffuseintervertebral disc bulge narrows the spinal canal to 7 mm.

I would be so appreciative for the help. Thanks in advance.