View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
(female)

AdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB User
Adding to the joys of walking...

I know there are some other "walking" threads, but I thought I'd start my own.

About 4 weeks ago I was put into my air boot. I was told I could begin working up to Full Weight, but to go slow and listen to my body. I would NOT be starting Physical Therapy, at least not yet.

It took me about 2 weeks before I was even brave enough to use my walker and keep my foot on the ground weighting it a little. I still had most of my weight on my arms, but didn't lift my foot up.

Then yesterday I decided to see what would happen if I took some unassisted steps. And I did it! I took about 10 little tiny baby steps yesterday, and was able to repeat the experiment! I can still only take little steps, and I don't even know if I can call them real steps. I'm not holding on to anything and my good foot comes up off the ground in a hopping motion. That's a step right?

I'm definitely sore today though, and my foot was swollen last night (It probably is right now as well, but I haven't looked at it yet.). There was also some blood seeping through the incision into the gauze when I looked this morning. I don't know if the walking and the bleeding are correllated though. Does anyone have any ideas? It could just be the gauze rubbing. I don't know.

I'm excited to be starting to walk again, but it's scary how hard it is.