View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
(male)

GatoLoco HB User
Swollen lymph node from allergy?

For the past year or so I've had a swollen lymph node under my right jaw, right where the jaw meets the neck. Sometimes it is more noticeable than others and on most days I also have a feeling of fullness in just my right ear and also feel like something is stuck in my throat (on the right side), causing me to try and clear my throat.

I've had allergy testing done and I do have a few mild allergies (the highest are 3s on a 5 point scale), mainly from trees, mold, and dust. I've tried Zyrtec, nasal sprays, etc. but they don't seem to help.

I've seen two ENT doctors and at this point they are both saying that they can just remove the swollen node. The thinking is that maybe the node itself is causing the ear fullness and sensation of something in my throat if it is pushing up on something. The other thing is that removing it will also allow it to be tested to see if there is some other underlying cause.

I'm just wondering if this could all be allergy related as I moved to Florida a few months before all of this started. Has anybody else had one sided symptoms along with a swollen lymph node from allergies? On one hand I'm inclined to just have the lymph node removed to see if it fixes the problem, but on the other hand I'm not sure if removing it is worth the potential complications, etc. if it is just a matter of allergies that won't be fixed even after having it removed.