View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
(female)

ktlnalxs HB User
Re: Dizziness while driving

Hey there, I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I thought I'd reply anyways just in case any one else with this problem stumbles upon this page.

I would recommend seeing a Neuro Opthamologist. This sounds exactly like what I experienced when I was 17. I put off going to the Doctor, though, until I was 20. NOT a good idea.

I was diagnosed with Acquired Nystagmus and Oscillation. Explained as rapid involuntary eye movements, which can cause dizziness, vertigo, headaches and more.

One thing I can say about driving is when you start to feel as though you are in that hypnotic state try to look elsewhere for a brief moment and then look back to the road. I have to do this a lot while driving. If you do start to feel dizzy and panicky take a few deep breaths and remind yourself that you know how to drive.

If you don't feel like you can drive, don't. I no longer drive for long periods of time, at night or on major highways. Which is difficult considering driving used to be my favorite thing.