Thread: Question- BPD
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
(female)

Amasita HB User
Re: Question- BPD

It could be BPD which is not the end of the world, trust me on that. I thought it was when I was diagnosed with it a few years ago. I have learned to live with it. You could also just have BPD traits without the actual diagnosis of BPD. I like to think of it as a different way of thinking from most people... my filter is skewed. As you said, sometimes I feel like everyone hates me and cannot stand to be around people. You sound lucky to have a stable romantic relationship but it sounds like you have very unstable work relationships. BPD affects different aspects of people's lives differently. They say people with BPD have job instability but I have have the same career for over 10 years. I know what job I enjoy doing.

All this to say that if you are diagnosed with BPD it does not mean the end of the world. It just means that you now would have an explanation for why you think and feel the way you do. There are books and research on this personality disorder and there is hope for living a more normal, happier life.

Hope this helps some...

Amasita