View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
(female)

tubint HB Usertubint HB Usertubint HB Usertubint HB User
Re: Has anyone here had the TECNIS Multifocal Lens implant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseCup914 View Post
Hi I am new here. I am a 55 yr old female. I would like to know if anyone here has ever had the TECNIS Multifocal Lens implant. I went to the eye dr this week and found out I have beginning of cataracts. My dr offered to do this procedure to remove the cataract and insert a new lens into my eye. It is not the same as lasik surgery. This lens is good for life, and you never have to wear glasses again. You also wont have night blindness either. The procedure is done in out patient and only takes 15- 45 mins. You are awake through the procedure but without any pain at all. They only cut an 1/8th in cut to insert the lens. It works for both nearsighted and far sighted. Your vision should be clear again as in younger days. Sounds like a miracle, huh? Well I am thinking on it and considering it but I wish I could find someone who had it done so I could talk with them and see how it was for them. My Dr is well accredited and was the first to introduce this surgery in La in 2010. But I would still like to find someone who had it done. Anyone out there who did?
Do LOTS and LOTS of research on the multi-focal IOL's. There are many unhappy recipients of these lenses on this forum and other forums. So many people were disappointed with these multi-focals lenses that they had them removed (risky ) and had mono-focals put in.
The Doctors and Lens reps are hyping all the up-sides, and not necessarily warning about the real down-sides.

Just a suggestion, but don't rush into making your decision until you read lots more and even get 2nd and 3rd opinions from other Cataract surgeons.

Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to tubint For This Useful Post:
ReeseCup914 (11-13-2012)