View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Asthma increasing as prednisone tapers?

That is not usually a problem for me. It really depends on how bad the flare is though.

In the last 9 weeks, I've had problems with asthma and a chronic cough. I went from Dexilant once a day and no asthma meds to taking Dulera (switched from Advair 500 after a month), Singulair, Ventolin, Dexilant twice a day, tessalon perle, rounds of 2 types of antibiotics--in case there is a hidden bug, and a round of Prenisone. It seems like I'm on a very simlar track as you.

What time of day are you taking your Singulair and Prilosec? If you have problems in the a.m., you might want to discuss evening dosages with your do if you aren't already taking them then. Even though I feel no symptoms at all, multiple rounds of testing have shown I have had some pretty severe acid reflux happening between 2-4 a.m. I'd wake up coughing like crazy from that. Because my reflux and asthma symptoms are the same, it is always hard for me to figure out totally what is triggering my flares. Usually it is a combination of things.

Also, do you have a nebulizer. When I get really bad, I find it helps me more than just my puffers.

Hope you feel better.