View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
(female)

asorge HB User
Re: Feeling Dizzy, Post Gallbladder Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthepanthers View Post
See, I am having the problem where I feel sick to my stomach even without eating. I went to my post operation doctor's appointment and he told me I may have to have an endoscopy because that was never done before I got my gallbladder removed. He believes I may have inflammation of my stomach or too much stomach bacteria.

It has actually become worse as I get further away from my surgery. In the beginning, I felt better. Now, I feel like I could throw up at least once a day for the last five days.
I kind of felt like that too, at least sort of. My surgeon gave me a RX for Zofran for nausea which help. I also took Prilosec every day to help with stomach acid. My surgeon told me that the pyloric sphincter and the whole stomach/digestive system is swollen, so it's tough to eat and some people feel nauseous.

I also had an endoscopy before my surgery and I had some yeast, so I received IV Diflucan in the hospital for that. Having an endoscopy is SO easy (compared to gallbladder surgery!) - I would definitely suggest it, it doesn't hurt to check things out.