Heart palpitations, dizziness, anxiety
I am 41 and on HRT since July. Overall, I do think I have been feeling better this month and last week I actually felt pretty normal for 5 days in a row!! I got my hopes up (again) but this week I am having heart palpitations, dizziness and anxiety (again). Yesterday at work, I thought I was gonna have a panic attack (again). So I took the day off today to rest.
I guess I have a few main questions:
1) Why? Why am I having these severe menopause symptoms? Am I doing something wrong? Is there something wrong with me? Why do some women fly through this while others, like me, suffer horribly? Does this have something to do with my lifestyle, my personality, or is it just luck of the draw?
2) Are heart palpitations dangerous? Does it mean I have a weak heart? Does is mean I am a greater risk of having a heart attack now or in the future? Should I be worried? Should I cut out anything strenuous or stressful?
3) What can I do about these symptoms beside 'wait and see'? (I am in Japan right now and apparently there are no other estrogen options for me.) Has anyone tried any herbal supplements that helped these symptoms? Does anyone know what kinds of cyclical HRT are currently available in Canada?
4) How long do these symptoms usually last? Is it gonna get better in the next few months or am I gonna have to somehow struggle with this hellish roller coaster ride for the next few years?
5) Also, does anyone else feel a sense of shame or embarrassment? Does anyone feel like other people think you are faking it or weak or just plain crazy? With so many 'invisible' symptoms, does anyone really believe you?There seems to be such a stigma attached to menopause...
I am trying to enjoy the good days I have as much as possible but I am feeling more and more hopeless and discouraged. I don't want to waste any more time. I am only 41 and I am tired of living like I am dying.