View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #62
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB User
Re: pttd pre op tomorrow

I am two 1/2 years post op. I had my spring ligament and ptt repaired, calcaneal osteotomy, cotton osteotomy and gastroc recession. I was NWB for about 8weeks followed by several weeks in a boot any time my foot was on the floor. At first I was pwb and gradually full weight bearing. At about 12 or 13 weeks, I graduated to a sneaker with an aso brace. I didn't return to work until I was 16 weeks post op. It was tough for the first several weeks. I didn't start to feel that I was really feeling that there was a light at the end of the tunnel until about a year post op. I am able to work full time and then go about my everyday life afterwards with no pain. I still have some residual reduced sensation on the top of my foot and my toes, but it is nothing that interfers with my life in any way. I will never be 100% of normal but still feel like the surgery gave me my life back