View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
(female)

Mommala HB User
Re: Initial MS Diagnosis/MRI question

Thanks, again. I am already resigned to an MS dx. My brother was recently dx'ed with ALS, so an MS dx is really a relief in a way. At my first appts. neither my GP or neuro thought I had ALS based on my symptoms. I have a strong faith and believe that God will show me something good from all of this, perhaps being able to encourage my brother who is sliding downhill and others with MS (my sister-in-law has had MS for 20 yrs but doesn't discuss it) much like you have done for me. I hope you won't mind; two questions: is it okay to have caffeine? I've read various replies to that. I enjoy a cup of coffee and/or tea everyday. Also, now that I am "sick", I feel the need to get more exercise than I have (oops, none!) Will over-doing it exaserbate my symptoms? In the back of my mind I am thinking that one day I may not be walking and thought that keeping my muscles strong would be a help. You've been a big help and I will take all your recommendations to heart. I do hope that you are feeling well today. Know that I will be praying for you.

The following user gives a hug of support to Mommala:
Whimpurr (11-22-2012)