View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Primary autoimmune ? Secondary Sjogren's??

Hi...good to hear nothing serious happened in your immediate area.

I think the decision for you to say no meds at this time is a good one, especially since it's iffy regarding diagnosis.

I don't know what meds would help with Sjogren's? More of symptomatic help? What were the options that the doc offered?

I would push for you to be referred to an endocrinologist who would hopefully take your concerns more seriously and do more indepth testing. Especially to take a serious baseline regarding the growths and then retest again.

I have one nodule in my thyroid that's been ultrasounded twice...no change, so I haven't had another in a long while.

From the reading I'm doing...there's a lot of confusion regarding the blood testing results like yours. There seems to be some differentiation between Lupus and Sjogren's ...but it's under the same umbrella somehow.

Absolutely push for the endocrinologist...it dismays me that you haven't yet had an ultrasound.

Well Watson....the game's afoot!
q