View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
(female)

panicremission HB Userpanicremission HB User
Re: New And In Need Of Help

I just want to add another perspective for this. I too have been diagnosed with panic disorder (in the past, I don't meet the criteria anymore). I agree with what westwind was saying about the fear of the panic attack being the fuel of the attack. I took a different route and instead of medication, I went to a psychologist and worked with him for 9 months or so with various techniques like cognitive behavioral therapy and now I am happy to say that my life is so much better now and I am able to live normally. I do have a panic attack every once in a while but I know how to handle them now so they don't interfere with my life. I definitely know how you feel though - at the beginning of my panic disorder I became agoraphobic and was scared to drive, to leave the house and to be alone. It was a terrible existence. So there is always the medication route but if you don't want to be taking meds for the rest of your life and have the capabilities to get psychological treatment I think it is an option to keep in mind. I am very happy to have my life back. Good luck with everything!

The Following User Says Thank You to panicremission For This Useful Post:
Nicksmom06 (11-14-2012)