View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
(female)

NDmom HB User
Re: Unstable Angina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchB View Post
Wow, you sure are taking this casually! You should PERSIST until you find answers! Just insist on further testing and dismiss THEM when they have the nerve to say "anxiety".
I too have continued angina after a stress test came back normal. My doctor seems unconcerned. From the research I've done online, I think I must have unstable angina or that Prinzmetal angina. Mine always comes on at rest, not with exercise.
You definitely should not just "accept it" as you may any day have the big one or stroke out or.....? Do you have children? or a spouse? Persist for their sakes on finding an answer.
Good morning BirchB.
I worry, yes. But I'm refusing to get stressed by this. I am a single mom with a 5 yr old little boy who's the love of my life and a 16 yr old daughter who's currently my test. LOL But I love them both with all I am.

I was emailed my test results for the Echo they did on 10/23/12-my dr said, it's all normal so they aren't too worried.

Am I taking this casually? I don't know what else to do apart from waiting for the appt at the end of this month, 11/30. I've emailed my Drs office, times, asking for a referral to see a Cardiologist, yet I am not given an answer. I seem to be one of the millions of women who are simply put on the back burner as I'm not showing 'their' classic signs.

This is what angers me most. If I were male, would they have ordered further tests? Even gave me consideration for a followup to the Echo prior to having it done? I'm thinking yes.

I'm a whimp when it comes to pain. I feel the tiniest pain and I hate it. It truly is a joke in my family how whimpy I am. But this.. this hurts. It's daily.. 1/2-3/4 of my day is about some type of pain in my heart. This is something I go to bed telling everyone I love them... just in case. I don't let my daughter go to bed being upset that mom said No, yet again. And sometimes I just cry when I visit my son's room to make sure he's still covered for the night.

My left lip, still happens to droop at will and my ENT yesterday said that he doesn't understand that as my Meniere's effects my right ear, so to him these aren't related and now it's doubtful it's Bells Palsy too. So again I will wait. And this, started all because of the pain that shot from my chest to my head.

Thanks for posting. I was starting to think, maybe mine isn't something to be concerned about. But I don't know where to go or whom to see.

If anyone reads this.. please, if you know of someone who truly cares about treating their patients in the Fargo ND area... please post.

God bless each of you.

Last edited by NDmom; 11-15-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: additional info