View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #32
(female)

Tweetums HB UserTweetums HB UserTweetums HB UserTweetums HB User
Re: LIS (Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy) Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryisbetter View Post
To Tweetums & DailyHope, I am pleased to hear you are both better. I hope any lingering issues will or have resolved themselves for you. I am now, I guess, about 7 weeks post surgery and haven't had any further problems to speak of other than some uncomfortable feeling of "un-healedness" earlier on. It is so much better than my life 2 months ago. I was miserable. I was afraid to use that word fearing God might decide to show me what Miserable can really mean, but someone told me it was OK and that it could be "My" miserable. I still hit the metamucil once a day, 2-3 softeners, and try to drink more water ( I never have been a big drinker of water or anything else other than Coke ) I hope and pray this is over for me for the next few years or lifetime or so. Thanks again to you two for your dialog, I am certain others were following as I did and were at least informed if not encouraged.
Hello, Terry -

So glad you're on the mend, as well. This fissure stuff is a tough road, for sure. It's taken me every bit of this year, since my surgery at the end of January, to feel somewhat better. Even at that, I sometimes feel a twinge of discomfort - NOT any throbbing fissure pain - just a lingering "pulling" that is very superficial. I might opt for a second procedure (which would be superficial and external), just to ease the skin up a bit, but I'm not even sure I want to do that. For the most part, I've felt much, MUCH better.

Thanks for staying in touch. This type of malady is not something that people seem to talk freely about - because I'm sure more people out there suffer from fissures, than talk about them.

I wish you well and God's best. Please keep us informed as you recover.