View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
(female)

Surfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB UserSurfing4answers HB User
Re: Can someone Please Help wiht some answers

Hi again, I just wanted to update you on what I hope is not a temp. Situation but I was started on natural thyroid (T4/T3) almost 2 weeks ago and told to reduce my thyroxine to .50mcg, then a week later to .25mcg (from what I have read the T4 in the combo is equiv. to .75mcg per half grain but I may have that wrong) anyway, it seemed like a lot of T4 and I was afraid it would also become reverse.
First week was awful, body of lead, totally wiped out BUT and it is only the last 2 days so fingers crossed, I feel "lighter" less tired, and my brain doesn't feel as groggy, maybe it is too early to tell but reducing the Thyroxine appears to have helped bearing in mind I still have T4 in the combo.
I am also on a very small amount of DHEA as my cortisol was quite low as was DHEA so adrenal fatigue was my issue for not converting probably.
Anyway, your frees are definitely low and your TSH is high...it might be worth exploring the natural thyroid, you may find more places/docs who prescribe it, I really just found the two in my check but waiting 12 mths is far too long with your continuing symptoms I think!