View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
(female)

Arianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB User
Re: Oxycodone addiction help!

Hi normalife, I had a doctor prescribed addiction to oxycodone and after 15 months was taken off of it cold turkey. It has now been 4 months and 20 days and I can finally say I feel normal again. It is different for everyone, and after the initial acute symptoms your wife might feel the post acute withdrawal symptoms. (PAWS) These include depression, lethargy, sensitivity to pain etc. They are quite bothersome but with each day the windows of feeling normal begin to increase more and more. I also see a therapist, who helped me sort out all these feelings. With your support (which is very important), your wife will come out the other side.

You also should read about PAWS, so you can encourage her. It helped me so much when my husband would come home from work and tell me it would get better, even though I felt my world had ended. I honestly believed I would never be normal again, but here I am....

The following user gives a hug of support to Arianna2:
shwankin33 (11-29-2012)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arianna2 For This Useful Post:
CaliGirl (11-22-2012), nicole88ac (01-22-2013), yrsofpainsucks (11-15-2012)