View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Isotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB UserIsotope HB User
Going crazy from RLS!

Hello Friends,

I'm new to this condition. When seeing ads for RLS treatments I always thought it was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard and now.... I seem to have it! I would say it feels more like restless BODY syndrome. My entire body feels like it has been invaded by the 'creeps'. I'm twitching and moving and shifting and desperately trying to escape my physical form.

I fall asleep fine then at about 3-4am in the morning I realize I am squirming and the covers are all over the place, once awake it only worsens to the point that I have to get up and shake my limbs furiously while jogging in a circle. I can't seem to go back to sleep or even stay in the bed at that point. Occasionally it resolves about 5 minutes before my alarm goes off.... ugghh. I'm exhausted from it and troubled by how it makes me feel. I think if I was was paralyzed and unable to move that I would surely go insane.

Bottom line, what is the best therapy and what dose. Gabapentin, Pramipexole, or Ropinirole?

Many Thanks!

Iso~