Thread: Low T at 25
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
(male)

wtfmate HB User
Low T at 25

I went to the doctor a week or two ago because I was depressed, always tired, and generally hated my life. He decided to run some blood labs to see if anything was going on and called when the labs came back to let me know that my testosterone was low. My total testosterone level was 114.5 ng/dl and free testosterone was 3.2 pg/ml. He prescribed Androgel. After doing some reading I had questions about fertility and what might be causing me to have low testosterone at age 25. The doctor essentially said that I would have no fertility problems and that the cause could be anything. I asked if we should run more blood tests and he said it wouldn't be necessary. He gave me a referral to a urologist, but recommended I go ahead and start using Androgel immediately. So I guess my question is where should I go from here? It is certainly not normal for a 25 year old to have low testosterone. I'd like to know what is wrong with me, especially if I am going to have to take hormones for the larger part of my life. SO should I wait to start Androgel until after seeing the urologist? I asked for a referral to an endo, but the doctor said it could be 6 months+ before I could get in to see one. Is there anyone else who has had low t at my age with any advice?

Last edited by wtfmate; 11-19-2012 at 09:37 AM.