View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Degenerative Disc Disease with Cervical Radiculapathy

ReeseCup - For one thing, you should not be making an appointment with a neurosurgeon. You should be making appointments with THREE neurosurgeons. I don't have time to go over everything in your MRI right now (remind me later and hopefully I can do better), but let me stress the most important part, which is that you have CONGENITAL NARROWING OF THE CANAL. I do too, so I know something about all this. The long and short is that this means it takes a lot less in the way of bone overgrowth or bulging disks for you to have a problem, because you have much less "room for error".

It also means that you're VERY likely to get wrong or inappropriate opinions from surgeons, because their standard surgeries don't deal with the central problem.

While you are waiting to see those THREE (I'm NOT kidding) surgeons, you might want to read up on the surgery called a "laminoplasty", which addresses the congenital narrowing problem.

Last edited by WebDozer; 11-19-2012 at 06:11 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to WebDozer For This Useful Post:
ReeseCup914 (11-21-2012)