View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
(female)

alana7789 HB User
IBS... don't think so.

I need help. I have been trying to get help from doctors for a long time, and to no avail.
I am a college student, and I was "diagnosed" with IBS 10 months ago.
When I was in high school, I had some abdominal pain and nausea, probably due to stress. I went to a pediatric GI, he did a colonoscopy and endoscopy, and everything was fine. Like I said, probably stress due to an eating disorder.

10 months ago, I started having pain again, but it was a different kind of pain and accompanied by severe constipation, abdominal distension, and overall ill feeling. I went to a new GI and was told that 3 years ago, my test results were fine and I just had IBS. I was put on a probiotic, fiber supplements, colace, and miralax, as well as told to cut out dairy, red meat, and a variety of other things. Well, 10 months later I am still suffering and all that's been done for me is being told to take miralax 3x daily instead of once. Still suffering, thanks doctors.
Recently, I have also experienced a lot of hip pain and 2 mysterious 'viruses' that caused long bouts of diarrhea. They say IBS doesn't progress or get worse, so why am I getting worse?
Somebody please help me