View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
(male)

noelokane HB User
Re: lateral ankle stabilization and debridement

Hi Angelite, I really appreciate your response and yes I do agree with your comments about each OS and their advice. My surgeon was particularly anti - physio , he said they push you too hard and can undo his work. Therefore I dont actually start physio for 3 months.
Last night I removed the aircast splint and slept much better, the pain I experienced when I first put all my weight down has subsided and today I went for a small walk up and down the street.
In 2006 I had surgery to reconstruct my right ACL, medial ligaments and meniscus , I got back to playing sports but it was a long slow process.
This ankle stabilization seems longer and more inconvenient as I cant drive.
However like you said I think each day there is an improvement and the key is to take things easy.
I had the surgery done because my surgeon said that I had ruptured 2 of the 3 lateral ligaments and had early arthritis , this surgery he said should pospone the arthritis for a while I hope.
I was very active playing football , swimming & cycling , he told me no more football but that the other two sports are possible.
Thanks again for sharing your experiences and let me know how your going
best regards
Noel

Last edited by noelokane; 11-21-2012 at 06:45 AM.