Thread: Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
(female)

Kattliac HB User
Disappointed

Hi,

My boyfriend and I have been trying for 2 years to get pregnant and so far nothing. I have a 7 year old from a previous relationship and have been tested from head to toe, doctor says he is 99% sure it isn't me.
My boyfriend went for blood tests and it showed his testosterone levels were really low so the doctor put him on Androgel. He used it for about 3 months before he saw the side affects said "can cause low sperm count".
We go back to the doctor and he sent him in for a semen analysis. The problem is when he ejaculated into the cup it was hardly anything at all. It was like a couple drips. I couldn't help but act disappointed because even though his semen volume is never a lot, it was the lowest i've ever seen. I am not even sure it was enough for the tests.
I know my boyfriend knew i was disappointed and I hope i didn't make him feel too bad about it, I am just worried. I think he will have to do the test again for sure.
He did it in the hospital bathroom and I think this may have put him off. Are we allowed to produce the sperm into the cup another way? I.e. sex, oral or ?? I didn't want to do it that way in case it contaminated the sample but now i think he needs to actually be turned on in order to produce at least a couple shots... enough for a sample anyway.
Any suggestions would be great. I am discouraged right now and I feel like my boyfriend is going to give up soon. I need some words of ecouragement for him, so he keeps the will to try. We have just only touched the surface...