View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
(male)

I am joe HB User
Re: Fighting and compromising in a relationship

My girlfriend and I broke up yesterday. We had a situation where it was my fault making her mad, but just to protect my mother who she described as a liar, deceiving, revenge-taking woman that wants to get her back, after my mother(who is kindhearted, takes a lot of crap and still loves and supports and give people gives just out of the goodness of her heart) bought her clothes. She recently started having problems with my friends, she wants to watch the new twilight movie with her girl friend and i said awsum so I could hang out with my best friend that night and she said no she wanted me home, she looks angry all the time and we do not have a good time lately (she said she thinks these couple weeks were great, because we didn't fight).

The problem was that after she said its over and drove off she called me and asked me if i really didn't care, and i said i do and did for 2 and a half years and she kept at it of how i betrayed her trust just by asking my mom if she had an agenda against her, but my mom didn't like my girlfriend in the sense that i would do everything once we got married like look after the kid and clean up the house, ext. in the other cases my mom always had good things to say about her and told me no she was just considered and tried to be nice and was hurt that my girlfriend would say that(she didn't say that I could see it, that hurt me as well cause i know who my mother is).

I just wanted to ask: I see I deserve better, I want her to be happy, but we have been through a lot. I still love her but I want a sunshine relationship with a girl laughing over random stuff, not lying to where we are going and just to enjoy most of the things about the other, not the relationship where she looks angry all the time, shuts down my pc while I am busy on it for being mad, everyday asking why are you mad or what is troubling you and fighting. I see myself really as a nice guy ( I have my flaws but in most cases they are nothing compared to a guy hitting a girl or cheating cause i hate woman and men that cheat or treat her badly, the are more like: I like my time alone with her not all the time but twice a month is great, have a bit of road rage but working on that, ext) who would spoil a girl rotten and i can't say no if I have to help and I know we are both hurting but should I fight for her that maybe she would change? Should I still try to be friends? I don't want to hurt her feelings and I am afraid I would cave and take her back and be miserable even more? I am really confused and and not certain as to how I should react to this.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-22-2012 at 12:20 AM.