View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Cervical Spine Disc Problems, reassurance its not in my head needed.

Next time you go to see a consultant, take a cricket bat with you and tell him that you hurt your rotator cuff whacking the last consultant you saw. That may help.

Unfortunately, your radiologist's report is pretty unhelpful. "Bilateral foraminal narrowing at C5-6"? W/o knowing how BAD the narrowing is, there's not much that can be said. We can only INFER that it's not insignificant, because he goes on to say the narrowing at C6-7 is "milder".

Anyway, from what you posted, I'd say it's possible that your spinal issues are not symptomatic (yet). They look rather borderline to my amateur's eyes, with the possible exception of the C5-6 level. You need an honest and competent neurosurgeon to look at your images (NOT the report) and see if something needs to be done at that level.

I'm afraid you're trapped in a medical establishment that is insulated from any kind of competition, which unfortunately fosters excessive levels of arrogance, indifference and incompetence. On the other hand, it IS free. All you can do is stand up for yourself and refuse to be put "in your place".

BTW, regarding the symptoms in your hands, are they affecting particular fingers, or just the whole hand in general?