View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
(female)

ReeseCup914 HB User
Re: Degenerative Disc Disease with Cervical Radiculapathy

Thanks for the detailed reply WebDozer. I think I am getting a better understanding now of what is going on in my neck. My next question would be "What about the problem of osteoporosis of the spine?" I don't think this is sounding very good because cutting into bone (the lamina) that is in osteo might be a problem. I just had a bone density done two weeks ago showing osteoporosis in my spine and osteopenia in my hips. Could this possibly interfere with any surgical help for me? I am not looking forward to a surgery but I definitely don't want to chance permanent nerve damage either.

Also I do not have the option for three opinions because I am on disability and cannot afford that. The closest Neurosurgeon for me is in Shreveport LSU. I live in South Louisiana. So even if I can have the option of surgery, once I go home I will be nearly 4 hrs away from my Dr. A definite hardship but one I will manage if I have to.

Thank you so much for helping me to understand all this a little better. I really do appreciate it.