Thread: Mom is dying.
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
(female)

5alive HB User5alive HB User5alive HB User
Re: Mom is dying.

I must say how sorry I am.It is the hardest thing i've gone through.but waiting for death is hardest.I have wanted to put my story in a place that would help people.It was always just me & Mom.we always said that.right now just writing breaks my heart,I miss her hands,her smell,her belief in me.she had many health problems but she died from her heart not draining.etc.
3 yrs before I noticed she was losing weight(thin as it was already)she wound up in hospital a coma,then to a rehab center.not long.she lived in a senior living.she wanted home so off we went.i lived 2hrs away.i'll shorten in between.i found out i had ms.i fell,they found it by accident .she never knew.She only wanted me to care for her,so i did.back and forth for a while,then moving in. my kids we're grown,dear hubby understood.in that last yr we had more fun.it was a fight for me to bathe her at first"she said your not looking at my presious"i told her i was the first to see it!lol...

Her fav game show was the game show with the big wheel!I had to watch that darn wheel spin everytime.Shed say hurry the wheel is spinning.as she got sicker,
at the end she told me,i'll tell you when I want to go to the hospital.
the morning came,we washed up then called for an ambulance ride there.She had a DNR.While she was close to dying I prayed please don't let her die alone.all i could picture was her looking around with me not there.

They gave her compy meds.In the morning they came for the tv money.I fiqured i'm not sitten with no tv.i can remember trying to climb into bed with her.(i'm too fat,she never thought so,I was perfect to her)
I'm crying now. I think it was stuck in my heart needing to come out.
well,i looked at her face and said"well it's just you and me again Mom."
I'm sorry this is so long.I never really put it all in words,but,I understand the time before all you want is peace at death for your loved one.
I miss holing her hand even at death.

I pray for all losing someone so very close.

That game show was on,no lie...she died when they spun the wheel!i've been told people wait for different people,things etc. before they die.But a game show.We were face to face.the most gratefull feeling i've ever had.i wish the best for anyone on these boards going through this.much love to all and my sympathy