View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Surgery on 11/30 - Im scared!

First of all, quit stressing! This will be simple. Next, eat no/low fat as much as possible until 2-3 weeks after the surgery. That will help with the pain between now and then.

As for day of, all surgeons are different but basically you will check in at the surgery center at your assigned time. They will soon take you back and prep you. They will ask a bunch of questions to make sure you and they are on the same page. They will then have you dress in a hospital gown and start your IV. They will huddle around you do all sorts of things and drive you nuts! Just part of the procedure to make double sure everything is going correctly. After a while they will move you to a pre op area and maybe even give you a sedative in the IV.

After a while, you will go to the operating room where they will move you on the surgical table and put you to sleep. You will awake about 40 minutes later in the recovery room. You may be dry mouthed, a little groggy. Once you come to a good bit, they will move you back to a room. Once you can drink some soda, maybe eat a cracker, use the bathroom, you'll be discharged. I was in at 5 AM and home in my bed at 10 AM.

That day just drink ginger ale, eat some crackers, jello, etc and take your pain meds. Second day will be better. I was in great shape at the time and jogged 2 miles a week later. Not that everyone can do that but just tossing that out.

It was a little difficult to get in and out of bed. I had to sort of crawl in front ways and stay on my side to sort of roll out. Hard to explain but you'll be sore. I had 3 incisions/holes. There was only 1 suture to remove. Rest were dissolving.

Let me know what other questions you may have.