View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
(female)

anna2012 HB User
Re: My husband is suffering SO badly!!!

If it's been a long-standing problem, maybe he has celiac disease. He could try a gluten-free diet and see if it helps.

Honestly, he might not be able to avoid going to the doctor. Maybe he could schedule an appointment with a regular doctor (instead of going to the ER), so it wouldn't be so expensive.

Not to scare you, but my father did this exact sort of thing- he had bad digestive problems and didn't want to go to the doctor. He was one of those manly men and would always say he was okay and shrug it off. When it finally became unignorable, he went to the doctor and found out he had colon cancer. It was much too advanced for them to do anything. The really sad thing is they said colon cancer is very treatable and slow growing. If he had gone to the doctor about his stomach problems anytime in the last 10 years, they might've been able to cure him. He died young, never saw my sister and I graduate from college, never got to go to our weddings and won't be there to see his grandkids. We miss him every day.

Tell your husband about my dad. His story certainly isn't unique, unfortunately.

The following user gives a hug of support to anna2012:
cyberv (11-26-2012)