View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #32
(male)

NavyChief HB User
Re: A little concerned

Well now. I have all my info where I can actually read it. I thought I would share.

I have now had 4 PSA tests.

5/2012 13.05
9/2012 14.5
9/2012 14.6
11/2012 16.6

I am scheduled for surgery on 19DEC2012. I am just happy to know that this crap is going to be for the most part out of me. I may have to do some radiation afterwards but at least the majority is going to be gone. I'll go ahead and post the results of my MRI and BoneScan for history's sake

BONESCAN
FULL RESULT:
Examination: Whole Body Bone Scan, 11/14/2012

Clinical History: This is a 40-year-old male with prostate cancer. He comes to MD Anderson in consultation.

Indication: Study is performed for staging purposes.

Technique: Whole-body images were obtained in anterior and posterior planes after intravenous injection of 19.9 mCi technetium 99m MDP. Additional views of the arms above the head were also obtained.

Findings: No suspicious sites of activity within osseous structures. Physiologic activity within genitourinary system.

IMPRESSION:
No active osseous metastases.

MRI

Clinical History: A 40-year-old male patient with history of prostate carcinoma, elevated PSA level of 16.6 in 11/2012. Biopsy confirmed Gleason (3+4) 7 disease. Here for initial treatment planning.

Indication: Initial staging for newly diagnosed prostate cancer.

Comparison: Bone scintigraphy, 11/14/2012.

Technique: After 3-plane localization, axial T1-weighted wide field of view imaging were acquired through the pelvis. Dedicated small-field-of-view axial T1-weighted, 3-plane T2-weighted, axial diffusion weighted, and pre- and postcontrast axial 3D LAVA sequences in dynamic phase, were acquired through the prostate.

Findings: The prostate gland measures 2.6 x 3.9 x 4.4 cm in AP, transverse, and craniocaudal dimensions. Multifocal disease is identified within the peripheral zone of the prostate gland, with a couple foci of tumor located in the midline posterior aspect of the peripheral zone on image 23, and at the same image there is another focus noted in the right lateral peripheral zone in the mid gland. There is subtle low T2 signal focus also noted in the left medial peripheral zone at the prostate base, image 20, series 4. These foci, with the exception of the left base low T2 focus demonstrate associated increased enhancement with early peak and associated slow washout, suspicious for malignancy. All of these foci do demonstrate low ADC value. There is suggestion of minimal extraprostatic extension bilaterally, image 21 through 23, right greater than left, including in the region of neurovascular bundle. There is no evidence of seminal vesicle involvement, however.

The urinary bladder is unremarkable.

There are nonspecific mildly prominent bilateral iliac lymph nodes identified, image 22 through 25. These are most likely reactive lymph nodes, considering their size and appearance.

There is indeterminate T1 hypointense, slightly heterogeneous lesion identified in the right iliac bone in the region of the sacroiliac joint, image 13, series 2. This is not seen on any other sequence. This lesion is not covered within the field of view of other sequences. No other suspicious bony lesion is evident. This lesion in the right iliac bone is not showing any uptake on bone scintigraphy from 11/14/2012.

IMPRESSION:
1. Multifocal prostatic disease with minimal extraprostatic extension in the region of neurovascular bundles, right greater than left.
2. No evidence of seminal vesicle involvement.
3. Indeterminate abnormality within the right iliac bone without corresponding increased uptake in the bone scintigraphy. Plain radiographs can be obtained of this region to further evaluate. Old imaging comparison if available of this region would be helpful.