View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: I'm so DESPERATE! Possibly have Aspergers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperate10 View Post
I guess my question is: Can someone go through life with Apsergers Syndrome for so many years, appear highly intelligent and be so well spoken and yet be so handicapped by the simplest of life skills?
Please help from anyone. I am desperate, out of money, in danger of eviction if my landlord finds out he is living with me and don't know where to turn to for help. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
The simple answer is yes, someone can go through life like that.

But there are all kinds of signs, once you look. And you are sure seeing them!

Are you sure you want to be with someone who has such a serious problem? You'll never be able to help this person, let alone fix them, and clearly he's dragging you down financially and I'm pretty sure in time he'll be dragging you down emotionally. OCD, Aspergers, addictions, hoarding, these are serious issues. Are you sure you want to deal with them?

I don't know what to tell you other than you have to get out unless you want a lifetime of dealing with all his issues - and remember, it will be all about him and his problems. Just remember, as much as you may love him, it won't fix him.