View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
(female)

tenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB Usertenderfoot HB User
Re: Triple Athrodesis and Running?

Hi Dave, I don't know the answer to your question, but I have to commend you for serving our country while putting your own suffering aside. My surgery was different and one surgeon told me I would not be able to run again. I haven't been able to run much the past few years due to my foot and ankle problems. It is really depressing to me to not be able to play basketball with my son. I used to love to play....I haven't been able to play the past year....just the thought of leaving that part of my life behind, brings me to tears.
I admit I have looked at some amputees who seem to be doing it all, and wonder if that would just be easier. Drs try to save our natural parts....I wonder if it is always for the best....I also know amputees who live very limited lives.
I hope your surgery is successful and wish you well with your recovery. If we just had a for sure answer it would make life easier!
God bless!
Bonnie