View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
(female)

annalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB Userannalisa9397 HB User
Re: Lyme Treatments - What has helped you?

I think all of us on this board look to each other for answers and support. It always helps me to know that I'm not the only one trying to get through this. It is a very long journey. We all have different experiences, but I think we are all experiencing a lot of the same trials.
You asked what has helped me: long term abx (one year only so far) and $1500 per month of supplements. The supplements I think have really helped heal my immune system. I take 92 pills a day (10 are antibiotics). The rest are supps. My naturopath and llmd saved my life.
I literally couldn't move a year ago. Today I exercise and work again. Its not always easy. I still have neuro issues (memory, foggy, and some pressure in head).
I know that you said you can't tolerate abx, but I feel like these helped me too. My llmd says I will be in treatment for at least 2 more years. It has become part of my life. I lug my meds wherever I go. I try to stay positive always.
I try to help others and encourage them to stay strong.
I don't know what the answers are...I only try to live my best every day without getting discouraged.
This is one of the hardest paths I think one can go through...hang in there and I'm glad you joined the board!