View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
(male)

Freddyon2 HB User
Inner Ear Virus ?

I'm a 53 year old male, and I was diagnosed with a possible inner ear virus..I feel a little dizzy & lost hearing in my right ear.
Yesterday I woke up fine, then all of a sudden I heard a ringing in my right ear that wouldn't stop.
I went to sleep thinking it would go away. When I woke up. The ringing was still their, and to make matters worse, I couldn't hear out of that ear...
I saw an ENT today and took several test... He said It might be an inner ear virus... The cause might be a swollen nerve caught inside of a bone canal, but he's not sure until further tests are conducted. He prescribed steroids to bring the swelling down... He said it was a good on my part and very important that I saw him within 24 hours of my symptoms. He also indicated, if in fact the nerve is caught inside of a bone canal. There's a little more then 50% my hearing will be restored in about a week...
As you can imagine, I'm extremely scared and frightened that my hearing in my right ear might not return.
I would like to know, what are the percentages of hearing restored in patients with the same symptom?

An extremely concerned patient...