View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #14
(female)

footiefan25 HB User
Re: lateral ankle stabilization and debridement

Hi,

I had the brostrom procedure and peroneal tenolysis 4 weeks ago. I cannot imagine putting weight on my foot yet!
I was in a cast for 2 weeks after surgery, then my surgeon said he usually puts people in a cast for another 2 or 3 weeks but because of the peroneal problems he put me in a boot for 4-6 more weeks so I am able to do slight dorsiflexion and plantarflexion movements but strictly keeping my boot on all the rest of the time! He said I could weight bear as tolerated at my 2 week appointment but it's now 4 weeks post op and I still can't at all.

I know it's still early but what worries me is that one of my friends had the same surgery 10 days after me, and she's in a cast but she can already put weight on her foot. Is it because she's in a cast so her foot's maybe more comfortable than mine in the boot? I am still having a lot of pain whereas she's fine and doesn't have much pain at all. My incision also still stings!

Another thing I'm worried about if that I can't curl my toes at all. I can pull them up but I can't curl them down, they just won't go. It's almost like when I had the nerve block and as hard as you try you cannot wiggle your toes! But I can pull them up just not curl them down! It's strange.. is this normal?!

Hope your recovery's going well!
Keep us updated!

Noelokane- I also tore my ACL in 2007! Strange huh!

The following user gives a hug of support to footiefan25:
angelee43 (11-27-2012)