View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: Question about insurance and what they will pay for as far as my pain meds

I have this exact issue but because I don't have any health insurance so I have to pay cash for all my prescriptions.

My PM worked with me and we have stayed with the OxyIR 5mg (as Kate mentioned...these are Oxycodone WITHOUT any Acetaminophen) and I get 240 of them a month because I take the 8 a day.

The 10mg or higher ones that are usually stocked by Pharmacies are much more expensive so we have just kept it this way to help me save money.

I go to Sam's Club (you do NOT have to be a member to use their Pharmacy) and I pay $53 a month for the 240 of them....

They are generic of course which is no big deal to me as I have never seen any difference between generic/brand over all the years I've been on medications.

As mentioned, it would be good to at least try and see if your Dr. can write a letter to your insurance company requesting that you be on this particular milligram and see if they will cover it...Otherwise, you can call around and see what the prices are in your area for the 5mg...Many times a Pharmacy will match a lower price so always speak with the head Pharmacist.

Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ilovemycutedog For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (11-28-2012)