View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
(female)

Lilyboo HB User
Pregnant With Gallstone. A Few Questions.

Hello! Over the past year I've had several extremely painful gallbladder attacks. I was too scared to do anything about them, so I dealt with the horrific pain and vomiting until the attacks passed. I am currently in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy, and I was recently admitted to the hospital for my worst gallbladder attack yet (I wasn't certain that the problem was my gallbladder until I was admitted to the hospital, and they found a stone lodged in the neck of the gallbladder).

Because I am pregnant, they have decided not to remove my gallbladder until at least 6 weeks after I give birth. I seem to get a gallbladder attack about once every two months. I live in fear of these attacks because they are honestly worse than giving birth.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions. My first questions is: Since I can't have my gallbladder removed until about 3.5-4 months from now, does anyone have any thoughts on anything I can do to decrease my chances of having another attack (like are there any foods to avoid, food to increase, etc.)?

My second question is: I was prescribed Percocet at the hospital to take home with me in case I have another gallbladder attack. I'm so afraid that I'm going to have another attack before they can remove my gallbladder, so I'm wondering if Percocet would alleviate the pain in the event that I have another gallbladder attack?

Thanks in advance for any info. I can't wait until I can have my gallbladder removed so I don't have to live in fear of these horribly painful gallstone attacks. Thanks again!