View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
(female)

AdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB User
Re: Ditch the scooter, ditch the crutches, ditch the boot--Start walking. Wha?

That's what my doctor told me as well, and I babied it a little until I saw my PT on Tuesday. He told me the same thing. He was pretty upfront about it, and made a good point. He said that now that it's as healed on the inside as its going to get, you are only prolonging the recovery by keeping the boot and scooter. This was in response to "Should I keep the scooter another month" and he said "If I were you, I'd return it today". After that, I went home, bought a cane and jumped to it. It was terrifying, but wouldn't you know it, I'm walking today.

It's scary as hell when they say "GO" but, for me at least, it was worth it, once I got that final shove.

I'm super sore today, but I also badly planned my day. PT for an hour this morning, walked around a bit, and then went to work for 3 hours. But the sore is doable, because that means I'm getting better.

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to AdkLizard46 For This Useful Post:
LabGimp (11-29-2012)