Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Update

Hi, i have been around on these boards for about 9 years, not so much here lately though.

I am a hypochondriac over my heart health, have been for about 6+ years. I have had every test done besides a heart cath. I had 3 nuclear stress test, 4 regular and a CT screening...all that showed absolutely nothing wrong with my heart. I still cant accept that and feel i have a blockage due to off and on jaw pains, left arm pain. chest pains. These dont come on with exercise just happen randomly...i have been to the ER lots and lots of times to be told it is anxiety and my heart is fine.

I have been to 7 diff cardiologist over the years....a few said they would do a cath to ease my mind but i always chickened out cause im scared something will go wrong with the test and i will die. Just went to see 2 of them within the last few weeks...one said no cath is needed and one said he will do it to ease my mind....i think i have decided to go ahead and have it done just to stop worrying about this.

What does everyone think? Should i just let it go or have the test done??? Just some input would be nice if you have had the test done, how bad is it and did you have any issues?

Thanks Confused