View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
Re: Hi, i'm another newbie

Thanks for sharing more....

But the way you write that your PM Dr. is still practicing but he is only doing non narcotics makes it seem like he had an issue with the state or DEA and lost his license to prescribe controlled substances. So that is not a good thing

As mentioned....if you can find a Dr. that you only have to go every few months and get on some generic meds...it can be manageable money wise...

So are you saying that only narcotics work for your pain and you won't use any muscle relaxers or nerve pain meds in addition to them?

The pain you could be experiencing could be a terrible muscle spasm as I get those a lot....

The thing about spines is that pretty much the majority of the population will have degenerative discs starting in their mid 20's....It's just part of aging and that 85% of the time it can be solved non surgically....

That is why with my present herniations and all the other things wrong with my spine...we are handling things with injections, steroids, medication and then all the things I mentioned from daily exercise to the acupuncture...It takes using every single thing and not just trying it once...No one thing is meant to take away all the pain or even get us to a 5....It's like pieces of a puzzle and the more things you use to help...the easier it is to manage.

So..that is why I was saying that finding a Dr. who wants to treat you as a "whole" and use as many modalities is your best shot....There won't be too many that you find to go in and say that only narcotics work...(I apologize if I misread what you were saying)....