View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #22
(male)

davIRE HB User
Re: sudden, sharp chest pains on left side

Hi, I'm male, 22 and suffer from many of the symptoms I've seen posted here and indeed came here trying to figure out why the sudden onset of stabbing pain was occurring. I've experienced the described stabbing pain on the left side of my chest on a semi-regular weekly to fortnightly basis (though sometimes more regularly) since I was quite young (about 8 or 9). A few years ago for some reason the topic of acute chest pain came up in conversation with my family and I discovered my father experienced it quite infrequently now, but more-so when he was younger.

Through my searching this morning I was directed towards precordial catch syndrome. This is apparently common among children and adolescents, however occurs in adults as well (one of the two initial researchers, Miller, suffered from it). The cause is unknown and there is no cure or treatment. I haven't looked into this particularly deeply and found enough answers for myself from Wikipedia, but as people were searching for a cause I thought I would share my meager findings.

The Following User Says Thank You to davIRE For This Useful Post:
saranes (12-03-2012)