Re: Question about autism screening
When the Pediatrician tested my son this is what she did:
- she tried to engage him in activities
- she tried to get him to say something
- she looked for eye contact
- she looked for pretend play
- she tried to get him to follow directions.
After the Pedi diagnosed him, we had a second assesment done to see if my son was eligible for IBI.
They pretty much did the same thing, but this time it was a child psychologist & a student in a better room with better toys.
Hope that helps. Best of luck to you :-)