Re: RLS and Bad Back
Hi all. I've posted to the board but under other areas and came across this section & wanted to post.
Last night & it wasnt the first time I had what I think was a sign of restless leg syndrome.
First of all my history:
- lumbar surgery 1994;
- cervical surgery 1995;
- lumbar surgery with harrington rods 1997;
- cervical surgery with harrington rods 2000;
- blood clot surgery left leg 2003;
- pancreatic surgery 2007;
- spinal cord stimulator implanted 2006 & removed 2011
- absent left kidney congenital; kidney disease
- EMG showed peripheral neuropathy; severe nerve damage neck/low back and arthritis neck/low back
- Intractable Pain Pump scheduled for 12/11/12 trial pump
Last night I had a tingling sensation while lying down in bed in my legs & arms; a weakness type of feeling in arms and legs and feeling that I couldn't or didnt want to keep my arms or legs still. I had the need to move my limbs.
I also have neck issues at the move which I know is causing weakness in my arms.
So I took my pain medication hydrocodone and tizanidine. Eventually things calmed down. But last night was not the first time that I had the feelings especially in my leg.
The little that I googled it appears that the sensations while usually affect the legs can affect other parts of the body as well.
Not sure if all my history is connected and if it is RLS but sounds similar. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks for listening.