View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: I love my mom -- should I tell her?

Hello lilianloves.

I think there is a difference between complaining to your mom about your life's struggles and asking for help. You know something is wrong and you're feeling angry and upset with yourself. I think that's reason enough to ask for help. If you feel it's not best to tell her everything, in the very least I recommend asking her for help with finding a therapist you can talk to. Even though she cherishes her time off, I'm sure she values your well-being even more. Otherwise, I don't think she would have been disappointed when you first told her about your self-injury.

I can relate to your motives for self-injury. A lot of the reasons you described are identical to why I have cut for a number of years. I think the big question is not whether it is wrong or not, but whether such behavior is healthy. More importantly, does such behavior work out in the long-term? My opinion would be no to both questions, which I think why it is important to learn healthier coping mechanisms .

Last edited by flamesabers; 12-02-2012 at 11:41 AM.