View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

supermom3 HB User
Health Anxiety - I HATE it!

I know it's not ok when I make my husband and kids go in for checkups and to make sure they have blood work done - I do this myself as well - if I feel the littlest thing (this morning I thought I felt something between the top of my left breast and my collarbone - not a lump but something small - don't know what is between your collarbone and the top of your breast - breast tissue? ribs? muscle? I lost my mom to leukemia in 2005 but I was diagnosed with OCD years before that - I scheduled a gyno appt for tomorrow to get the area I'm obsessing about checked out - sad thing is, even if this doctor says it feels fine I know I will be scheduling an appt with some other gyno to get a 2nd opinion - I am also a germaphobe and it's exhausting but I feel I can't help it - I am naive enough to think that germs can cause cancer - I am on meds for my OCD and I'm way better off than I was before the meds - I've tried therapy in the past but it didn't seem to help much. Just wanting opinions and advice - thanks!

supermomof3