Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
(female)

momof2wifeof1 HB User
Day 1

I am new here, I have been scoping out this website for a few weeks and after a long weekend and discussion with husband, today was decided to be the day we both quit. Here is a little background. My husband and I have been married for 13 years, have two beautiful daughters (9 and 3), both work full time great paying jobs..........but we are addicted to pills. I love vicodin and have been on them for about 10 years but the past 4 years have increased alot. My husband loves Vic, Perc, Valium and Zanax and he takes alot a day and has a higher tolerance. I take about 5-7 Vic ES or 4 Per 5's a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. I don't take Zanax even though I have a script (i would just give them to him to save money), all they did was make me crash. We are now left with nothing. We have no money in the bank, our house is in foreclosure, our kids don't know anything that is going on, I have lied to many people and I did it to protect us. I would always make sure my husband had some because he would be hyper and happy to be around us and have energy to be around, I would take them so I could tolerate working 10 hours a day and coming home to two kids, a messy house and a hubs who sits and watchs football all day. I am not complaining nor am I making excuses. The time is NOW. In order for us to give our children an upbringing they deserve and for us to be healthy and for us to save our marraige, it was decided we would do it together. I have quit before but he never did nad it was HARD to be sober when he was popping them. I only lasted 3 weeks.
So I need some help. I am fine today, of course it is only day one. I took a Per5 last night at about 7:30pm so it hasn't even been 24 hours. I am tired and have a damn tickle in my throat LOL. I know tonight it will get kinda bad and tomorrow and Wednesday will be the worse. I am not worried about the withdrawls, I did this to myself so it is time to put my big girl panties on and face the withdrawls and sickness. I am just worried about depression. I have a script for Welbrutin that I have filled at my house and have never taken, do you think that would help?
Can anyone give me an idea on what I can expect and if I will be "normal" by Christmas?

The following user gives a hug of support to momof2wifeof1:
ake50 (12-04-2012)