Thread: My Stroke
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #14
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User
Re: My Stroke

There are filled notebooks with outpourings to Self from the moment it struck. For some time I gave the pages titles, now I usually just ramble on. It helps to pour it out. It helps to pour it out here too. It's 2 years for me this month. Hurray, no repeats. It remains a daily challenge with will, determination,effort. The fact that you have been able to work is a great, great feat. Give yourself much credit for it. That would not have been possible for me.

At night we slip backward with our limbs because of the inactivity, or so I think. I wake up too, esp. with that tinnitus I now have. So here are my solutions since I don't care for pain or sleep medications. When I wake up I get up and walk (good for leg) and take either a tablespoon of red wine or tequila in orange juice. Whether this works or is a placebo effect, I don't know. But I go back, am patient for sleep to take me again. I skip some nights in order not to get dependent. This way I can usually get 8 hours and feel quite refreshed in the am. Just thought I'd share this.

The Following User Says Thank You to tinam7 For This Useful Post:
Iwamura (12-05-2012)