View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
(female)

WingNut79 HB User
Exclamation Secondary Hypo, can't stand watch and wait

Hi all, I had posted previously under "don't want to be dismissed". Here are my labs:

TSH 1.64 (0.35-4.94 mcIU/mL)
Free T4 0.7 (0.6-2.5 ng/dL)
Free T3 2.9 (2.3-4.2 pg/mL)

Saw my primary care doc who agreed my T4 was bottom of the barrel. So he was pretty sure my pituitary was shot. So he tested my a.m. cortisol, fsh and lh.

Those came back normal. I don't know the values, but he said they "weren't even anywhere close to being abnormal". Great news!

The bad news? He said that I should either A)Get a second opinion from an endo doc since I may have a "developing thyroid problem" or B)Repeat the labs in 3 months.

All the endo docs near me seem to deal with diabetes. And they all have a massive wait time to get an appt. I don't want to wait 3 months to be dismissed. I also don't want to wait 3 months to repeat the labs. I told him, I am beyond feeling horrible.

I am a former triathlete, was always very thin. Now I'm considered in the "obese" range. I have so little energy that at times driving is scary and I use my lunch break at work every day to take a nap. I can't keep living like this and I fear that I''ll have to take medical leave before I'd even reach that 3 month mark.

So I emailed him begging. I'm not a beggar. He's seen me thin. I'm exhausted. I told him I'd do anything. I'll keep a food/exercise journal. I'll sleep when he tells me to. I'll go to whatever doc he wants me to. Just please don't make me wait 3 months. Please start some kind of treatment now.

And I'm waiting for a reply. I want to cry. I'm not big on crying.

Who knows, this could be a growth hormone problem too. I have no idea. But I can't keep going on like this. I'm desperate.

Thanks for reading my vent.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: WingNut79
alliebeth88 (12-05-2012), cindeebee (12-05-2012)