Thread: new to site
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
(female)

ctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB Userctrue HB User
Thumbs up Re: new to site

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmak View Post
Dear ctrue, Welcome to healthboards! I, too, started by researching my diagnosis and became a part of hb after reading for a long time. I didnt understand very well, what is the source of your pain? If you dont mind my asking? Hope that you find just what you are looking for. There are many helpful people on this board. And of course we are hurting, too. Thank you, gmak
First of all thanks for your response!!
I have left side pain. No doctor can really tell me why although I have gotten alot of speculation. The pain is located right where my kidney is and sometime goes into my back.
I have passed alot of(and had some surgically removed) kidney stones. I currently have 11 in my left kidney that have yet to pass. My urologist said that having that many could be the source of my pain, even though normally they dont cause pain unless they move down.
My PM doctor thinks my tube is damaged from all these stones passing and the scarring in my tube is the source. She said with that many left in my kidney, I am more than likely passing small fragments all the time. She said the scars in my tube would be hard places and anything hitting against them would cause pain. I wont know if that is true until I have another one surgically removed and have dye ran through. She said there was no point in doing this until then.
There have been other ideas but none proven. So all I can say is the pain is like having a kidney stone sort of but not as severe. It is always there and sometimes is worse than others. Some days I cant even get out of bed.
I have been lucky enough to find a great PM doctor who understands that just because you cant see a reason, doesnt mean it is not there.
She has me on lortab 10/500 3 times a day and 1 15 mg ms contin at bedtime. I am also trying an injection (not sure of the name all I know is it goes in my back down closer to my hip and not in my spine) sometime soon, after insurance approves it.
For now though my pain is controlled and I am def happy about that. It seemed like I went through alot of doctors to get to where I am, but I am glad I never gave up.
I got on here to get information from others and to share my story and see if anyone had anything similar. It is just good to know I am not alone. Chronic pain is hard to live with and especially when no one understands what I am going through.
Ctrue